We’re continuing the Voxelizer Experimental updates. Regular updates slowed down as a new, professional version of the CNC workflow was our main focus for the last two months - it should make it’s way to the Experimental version soon.
Windows: The updates should automatically show up when starting Voxelizer - if they don’t, you can click on
Help -> Check for updates or download the Windows installer directly from here.
Linux: install with
snap install voxelizer --beta, update automatically or with
snap refresh voxelizer
MacOS: Download latest version here. The macOS version may lag behind Windows/Linux ones as it doesn’t have a fully automated build pipeline yet.
Voxelizer Experimental release notes 2019-04-16
- New parameters for the Image material: Scale X, Scale Y, Border Type, Move X, Move Y.
- In multimaterial printing, the color transition will now start from the infill before moving to the artifact, allowing some savings in printing time and material. The option is called Use infill for artifact and can be disabled in the Filament settings or in the Quick settings.
- New artifact material available: if a model has this material applied to it, it will be used for transitioning from one color to another. If no transition is needed, it will printed with the last used material.
- New artifact type Purge: specify a point on the table where the extruder will purge the filament before moving to the color, saving time in artifact extrusion. To prevent the collision without remains of filament with the model a shield is built around the model, that can be disabled from the parameter “Purge artifact shield”.
- It’s now possible to directly apply a material to a voxel selection.
- New Morphing filter for transitioning from one object to the other.
- Improvements to lattice support.